Friday, October 19, 2012

The Dream


I rarely remember dreams. I remember I had a dream about Java the other night. He used to stand at the bottom of the stairs and bark once; like he was asking to be invited up. I would say "come on" and he would start his slow climb. The single light on the stove gives enough light, around the corner and through the living room, that standing at the top, I can see shapes pretty well looking down the stairway and around the bottom of it. That night I couldnt sleep and I got up around 2 am. Returning from the bathroom, I looked down the stairs as I walked past as I routinely do, and went back to bed to try again.

In the dream, it was the same thing all over again. As I was returning to the bedroom, I turned my head and looked down the stairs. I saw the outline of a large dog starting to climb the stairs. There was no more definition to it, the rest was shadows. I accepted that it was Java coming upstairs and continued back to bed to try to sleep again.

I ended up getting only about 2 hours sleep. But for a moment in there somewhere, Java was home.

No comments:

Post a Comment